Entire PRIDE Day Schedule of Events
June 30th specifics
- Bring water, sunscreen and a hat!
- The march from Sheridan Square will step off at 9:30 am, so plan to be there earlier. Assemble on 7th Ave. South of Grove St. Enter from the south and walk up 7th Ave, or form the east and west on any side street below Grove.
- We will stop at Bryant Park to pick up people who want to join the march there at 11 am. You can start the march from Bryant Park!
- There will be two moments of silence: one at 11 am and one at 2 pm. We ask everyone, regardless of where you are at those times, to stand silently as we remember those we’ve lost.
- We have a dynamic rally planned that will start at 1 pm. If you cannot march, go to the Great Lawn in Central Park anytime after 12 noon.
- We will have amazing art installations on the great lawn. Bring your own and contribute. Our themes are: Reviving our roots, Feeding each other, and Seeding the future.
- From 4 to 6 on the Great Lawn we will hold our closing day event: Seneca Village, Stolen Land / Shared History: Black & Indigenous Solidarity Social: Lenape people lived here and were violently displaced by colonization. In 1825 free Blacks settled the area and established Seneca Village as a free Black community that was later violently displaced by eminent domain. We will also reflect on present-day displacement & gentrification.
- Bring food to sustain yourself during the day and extra to share with your neighbors.
- Visit our website for the details of the march and rally…there’s lots of important information there.
Still time to get the word out
- Send a message to your friends, invite them to march with you and help spread the word.
- Use all of your social media platforms to get the word out! On the bottom of every page on our website are links to our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube platforms. Share them widely!
- Invite everyone to join us! If they stand with the queer community, then this march welcomes their participation!